Back-to-school expenses might be the focus of your paycheck this August, but this doesn’t mean that saving some money is an impossibility. We’re pretty sure that your little one or teen has already started classes and new clothes and school supplies have taken a toll on your wallet, but Valley Federal Credit Union is here to help you now and beyond. Stretch your dollar by trying one of these three services offered by our credit union in Brownsville.
Our Star Checking Account
Have your money work for you by opening a STAR Checking Account with us. This account requires an $8 monthly fee and a $25 deposit once it’s opened. It offers plenty of perks, such as:
- Unlimited banking transactions, online banking, and free access to a financial advisor.
- Health discounts for eyewear, contact lenses, prescription medication, and medical care.
- Insurance coverage for accidental death and dismemberment.
Open a Money Market Account
Grow your finances throughout the school year by opening a Money Market Account. This account is a low-risk investment and accrues interest the longer you avoid withdrawing your money.
Take full advantage of this account by:
- Maintaining a minimum balance of $2,500 to avoid monthly fees.
- Not exceeding three withdrawals a month.
Teach Your Kids About Money Management
Teach your teen how to save money during the school year by opening up a Youth Checking Account. It requires no minimum balance or monthly fees, except a $25 deposit to open it.
This account comes with:
- A Visa debit card with unlimited transactions.
- Free online banking and access to the VFCU Mobile App.
- Overdraft protection for your savings account if you happen to own one.
Build Your Savings with VFCU
Join our credit union in Brownsville today and avoid having to deal with generic banking frustrations. Then, once you’ve opened an account, you can download the VFCU Mobile Money App to track your funds. Contact us today to get started!